Year 3 course in Instrumental Techniques for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production (LP EEP)
The "LP EEP" (Licence professionnelle exploration et exploitation pétrolières) is a 3-year undergraduate degree specialising in sensing and instrumentation Technologies for the Exploration and Production sector of the Oil & Gas Industry. It is equivalent in content and level to a B.Eng or a Professional Grade. Students are required to attend a wide range of courses in specialised technological fields. The bias is on practical work.
This LP is the only one in France. A large part of the courses and lectures (30%) is delivered by professionals and experts originating from various reputable international companies or organisations involved in E&P activities such as Schlumberger, CGG, Saltel Industries, Total Professeurs Associés, Total E&P...
Scientific and Technological Teaching
Hygienics and security (International standards)
Additional business skills
(English, Management – Project Management, Corporate law)
Oil & Gas professional training
Our students' skills:
Our students specialize in Instrumentation and Data Acquisition and Processing for the Hydrocarbons Production and the new Drilling/Completion Processes with :
- strong knowledge in Geosciences (geology, geophysics and reservoirs)
- good linguistic abilities in English
- proven ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and new challenges
- geographical mobility worldwide
- team working spirit in multicultural environment
The internship period
A first compulsory work experience in a company in France or at the International
- to get a first work experience in a company,
- to apply the knowledge and skills learnt
- to develop new skills
- to test the student's ability to adapt to his future working environment
When is the placement?
The placement lasts from March to the beginning of July but may be longer if the student so wishes.
What kind of projects can she/he work on?
- Mud-Logging training
- Different geophysical methods in exploration
- Monitoring of drilling fluids
- Choice of undersea materials for pipe and maintenance
- Study of the sensor instrumentation of a rig
- Pumps speed regulation of the injection process
- Implementation of uncertainties calculations for petro physical measurements safety valves
- Technical and regulatory qualification of tools used to test
- Lithological sample analysis
- Organization of a survey in seismic land acquisition
- Qualification of hydraulic equipment at 500 bars
- Participation in the development of surface core handling services
What do our graduates do?
Sectors of Activity and Students' job profile:
Students are trained to integrate and to evolve in the real world of work in many different domains.
The students are trained and educated to become Managers strongly knowledgeable in field operations to work in oil & gas sites or projects in Instrumentation (design, implementation and monitoring of control tools and systems) for wells and production sites.
Here are some possible positions and responsibilities :
- Mud Logger
- Control room supervisor
- Production engineer
- Electric logger
- Field production supervisor
- Production panel supervisor
- Control system engineer
- Discipline Leader
- Safety engineer
The student can hold position in the downstream activities of Oil & Gas and quickly evolve towards higher responsibilities.
>>> For further information please contact:
Françoise Le GUEN (Head of the course) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Département Mesures Physiques - IUT de Lannion (Université de Rennes 1) - 22302 LANNION, France
Tel: 00 33 2 96 46 94 46 – www.iut-lannion.fr